Wednesday 23 September 2009

PunkRock, illustration and screen printing- 3 of my favourite things




Thisafternoon I've been screen printing posters for the UK official Pre-Fest show (for those not in the know, The Fest is a festival in Florida that takes place over Halloween weekend, it's in it's 8th year and this year will be my first time, I am ridiculously excited). Anyway, the Lincoln Arms in Dorking is hosting this alldayer on 3rd October featuring pretty much all of the UK bands heading over to the States, and I got asked to get involved- which I did! There are 30 and they will be on sale on the day for £5.

The poster is designed by pretty much my favourite illustrator at the moment Joe, who's in Calvinball. He's done some awesome stuff for his own band, Bangers, Break The Habit and done the artwork for the Bangers/OK Pilot/The Arteries/Brothers 4 way split, out in a few weeks. He's also designing a T-shirt for Cut-Out that will hopefully be on sale by the end of next week.

2 comments:

karo said...

Cool poster Kay. What paper type do you print on?

Cut-Out said...

It was off-white parchment paper, a little bit bigger than A3. It's 200gsm and I thought it would be a little darker and thicker than it actually is, but I still think it looks real nice.