Thursday 6 August 2009

It's hard to ignore the rise in my website hits

...and what site they have been referred from. Samantha Beeston's plagiarised degree work has really shocked me, I guess the link to Cut-Out from the remains of her website will bring alot of people here looking for stuff (it's hard to ignore the few thousand hits on her youtube video and the hundreds of blog posts listing countless links to go and check out).

I graduated the year before Samantha on the same course at Falmouth and shared the same tutor, I do know her and would have considered us friends. I did not know anything about her work or anything about what has now come to light and I am certain the tutors did not either. Although now I feel torn between 'fanning the flames' so to speak, and perhaps going against the wishes of some of our many mutual friends, I also have my little business to think about, the reputation of where I did my degree and also my personal and professional moral beliefs.

I do know that the course tutors and the University are now fully aware of the situation and are looking into what action needs to be taken. Plagiarism is not acceptable and something I would never do, or ever knowingly involve in Cut-Out. In this age of the internet and the reaction to the recent blog posts exposing her I do hope that she will be used as an example to future students. I also wish the best of luck to Lauren Nassef and anyone else that has been frauded, including my friend Aurelia Lange.

No comments: